treehstn

Marriages missing in import

I've been working on importing my FOWIN files into TMG7.0. I'm now seeing that if the FOWIN file did not have marriage events for each marriage then the couples are not connected in TMG. Is there a tool or fix for this?

There is no option in the Advanced Import Wizard to 'assume marriage of parents' or 'assume marriage for couples who share the family view'.

This is very disappointing that there isn't a fix. Especially since I'm sure that this is a problem for many people. It should be fairly simple for the programmers to come up with a utility similar to merging that is looking for this and then gives you the option of building the tag on the fly.

Even if there were a way to run a report listing each person this was a problem with it would be better than nothing. I can't go back to FO and make the corrections and then re-import since I have already added a lot of data in TMG.

I'm not sure what the issue is. If couples had a Marriage event, it was imported. If they didn't, it wasn't. :wacko:

TMG Utility will add dummy marriage events for unmarried parents.

http://www.johncardinal.com/tmgutil/

Functions / Events / Add Marriages

It's worth reading the TMG Utility help for that function.

I'm not sure what the issue is.

These are people that were married but did not have a marriage event. Now I have to figure out which married couples are not linked in TMG. When there are thousands in my files that's quite a daunting task.

Edited by treehstn