kaye

Descendents indented report V4

Sorry I may not have answered prev emails as I was locked out and couldn't register in other email addresses for reasons unknown. Particular apologies to Darryl Rowles asd I lost all prev emails to get back in.

I havent touched V4 for a few years and simple things are becoming a problem, so I hope you can help. I was one of small number of people using TMGW at that time. The help menu assumed too much geneaolgy programme knowledge in this version.

Problem : In the descendents indented chart report I have broken generation lines ---I came across this when first started and can't find how to correct it. I looked up help and old posts. I must not be using correct jargon to get a hit. All my old correspondence from support/ forum is so faded I can't read the emails.

So I do have a few problems mounting up and I hope someone can direct me to help topics that I can understand.

kind regards

Kaye,

You are probably not getting responses because very few members of this board still have TMG4 installed, nor can they remember the details of how it works.

But to get to your question, I can't figure out what you mean by "broken generation lines" - just what are you seeing that you don't expect?

DIClines.png

Are these the horizontal and vertical graphics lines that delineate each person (see screenshot)? If so, it may be a font problem. I don't remember how the fonts worked in v4, but do you have a choice, and if so what font are you using for the report?

Virginia

Kaye,

You are probably not getting responses because very few members of this board still have TMG4 installed, nor can they remember the details of how it works.

But to get to your question, I can't figure out what you mean by "broken generation lines" - just what are you seeing that you don't expect?

Thank terry, I didn't get a notification that this message was there. Yes you are right I realise not many people us V4. I just posted saying the same thing. I know on lister who used V4 by preference.

> The paralle lines that link the geneartions should be solid black lines. I am getting broken lines ------

instead of solid black. Note: this is in the descendents indented chart.

I hope you can help and yes will look at your help topics.

Virginia has ansered showing a sceenshot. She knew what I meant but not how to fix it. Thought it may be fonts.

regards

kaye

post-23-1241882806_thumb.png

Are these the horizontal and vertical graphics lines that delineate each person (see screenshot)? If so, it may be a font problem. I don't remember how the fonts worked in v4, but do you have a choice, and if so what font are you using for the report?

Virginia

Hi Virginia

Yes the screnshot is correct. I am using times new roman. I had to get a patch for the reports because I havent used V4 for years so can't say what I used to use.

Also while I have got you can you please tell me why I am getting tags in these charts (same as generation numbers but smaller typescript) . They start at number 1 and some have three tags. 677 I have removed all my tags from my reports. This is also new behaviour.

Thank for taking the time to clarify this as it will help the moderator.

Many thanks

Try Arial or Tahoma in a 9-point font and see if that makes a difference in the lines. Also check your Windows font folder and see if you have the four WG fonts:

A Line TMG (Alinetmg.ttf)

HelvSB75 (helvsb75.TTF)

HelvSS75 (Helvss75.ttf)

Wholly genes LD (Wholly.ttf)

With earlier versions of TMG, too many fonts (over 255) in the font folder also could be a problem.

Re the other numbers in a smaller typescript, do you have sources selected as footnotes or endnotes in the report options, and the superscript numbers refer to those?

Virginia

Hi Virginia

Ah yes I remember now, these 4 fonts had to be downloaded seperately not long after I first got the package for the same reason. However because I had to download the patch to get the dec charts to work just recently, I may not have got them back. Aso looking more closely at old charts I tried both arial and Tahoma in 9 font. The didn't look like my old charts and still had broken line. These other 4 fonts probably need restoring. I will get on to it. I am sure they are the slution. If not will get rid of fonts I never use.

Re endnotes. When I changed the fonts in geneal tag I saw there was a publications source. This had been marked as endnotes and memos to show. So this is the solution to the tags.

Many thanks for your time and interest.

Kaye

Hello Virginia

I dont have these two

A Line TMG (Alinetmg.ttf)

HelvSB75 (helvsb75.TTF)

It looks as though the first one is the one I want. I will investigate this now I know what I am looking for

Once again

Thank you

Kaye will

Kaye -

I have sent you the required fonts. This should fix the line problem. Let us know if it does not.

Virginia

Thank you very much for the fonts Virginia.

I installed them but all but one (Alinetmg.ttf) installed as it should have. helvsb75.TTF is ok. The other two installed the ttf file in capital letters. (Also there is an additional one Helvss43.TTF that may or may not be a relevant font.) I tried to change Helvass75.TTF and wholly.TTF to lower case but I got a message that it was unstable.

I did get a messsage to override the fonts I had and one was wholly.ttf. It now as capital letter extension TTF

I reinstalled each one seperately several times. I also went out of windows to restart and then later to a complete close down. Unfortunately the line hasn't been fixed. I cant understand why a ttf should install as TTF, although all windows fonts have a TTF on the end. I dont know if this is important.

I also deleted about 100 fonts I didn't recognise and I changed the chart font to verdana 9, but still no luck.

I even tried a print out to see if it was the same and it was still a broken line. I am sure if they had installed as lower case this would solve the problem as my memory is gradually coming back to when I first installed them. I am sure it was the fonts that solved my line problem.

regards

kaye

Ps Since you are a moderator can you please tell me why I am not getting email notifications of a reply. This message is in my account <You are currently receiving email notification of replies >

Kaye -

There may be some other factor with an older version. Contact Tech Support and refer them to this message thread.

Tech Support:

From www.whollygenes.com > Contact us

E-mail support : support@whollygenes.com

Phone support : 410-715-2260 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm Eastern)

I don't know why you are not receiving email notifications, unless it relates to forum visits. This notice is at the bottom of the email notifications that I receive:

"If you have configured in your control panel to receive immediate topic reply notifications, you may receive an

email for each reply made to this topic. Otherwise, only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic.

This is to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox."

You may want to also subscribe to messages from this forum, using the Options button at the top right of this page.

Virginia

Kaye,

The case of the letters in the font file name when installed is fine as installed and you should not be concerned as to the case and do not try to change it.

As far as Microsoft Windows is concerned...

wholly.ttf = WHOLLY.TTF = wholly.TTF = WHOLLY.ttf = WhOlLy.TtF

The case doesn't matter.

Jim

Kaye -

There may be some other factor with an older version. Contact Tech Support and refer them to this message thread.

Tech Support:

From www.whollygenes.com > Contact us

E-mail support : support@whollygenes.com

Phone support : 410-715-2260 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm Eastern)

I don't know why you are not receiving email notifications, unless it relates to forum visits. This notice is at the bottom of the email notifications that I receive:

"If you have configured in your control panel to receive immediate topic reply notifications, you may receive an

email for each reply made to this topic. Otherwise, only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic.

This is to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox."

You may want to also subscribe to messages from this forum, using the Options button at the top right of this page.

Virginia

Ok, Thanks for the advice Virginia

Kaye,

The case of the letters in the font file name when installed is fine as installed and you should not be concerned as to the case and do not try to change it.

As far as Microsoft Windows is concerned...

wholly.ttf = WHOLLY.TTF = wholly.TTF = WHOLLY.ttf = WhOlLy.TtF

The case doesn't matter.

Jim

Ok thanks Jim