gidget

error importing from Family Tree Maker

:angry: My mother had me install this program to replace the disapointing FTM'09. when i try to import a Family tree Maker file at about 36% complete an error message pops up saying " Declare DLL call caused and exception 86 GBIMPEXHIBTS" with button Abort when pushed freezed the wizard. Retry and Ignore with when pushed brings up more error.

so what the problem? the file is over 800 MB. my mom has work many years on this research. please help! :unsure:

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

:angry: My mother had me install this program to replace the disappointing FTM'09. when i try to import a Family tree Maker file at about 36% complete an error message pops up saying " Declare DLL call caused and exception 86 GBIMPEXHIBTS" with button Abort when pushed freezed the wizard. Retry and Ignore with when pushed brings up more error.

so what the problem? the file is over 800 MB. my mom has work many years on this research. please help! :unsure:

I have friend who I convinced to buy TMG and she is having the exact same problem!

I sure hope somebody has an answer for this soon!!

She just received TMG today and is a very unhappy camper!

:wacko:

-Kris Krumm

:angry: My mother had me install this program to replace the disappointing FTM'09. when i try to import a Family tree Maker file at about 36% complete an error message pops up saying " Declare DLL call caused and exception 86 GBIMPEXHIBTS" with button Abort when pushed freezed the wizard. Retry and Ignore with when pushed brings up more error.

I have friend who I convinced to buy TMG and she is having the exact same problem!

I sure hope somebody has an answer for this soon!!

She just received TMG today and is a very unhappy camper!

:wacko:

-Kris Krumm

7/21/09 I have just purchased TMG last night and have had the :o SAME experience in trying to import FTM version 2006 (better than any newer version of FTM)--"declare DLL call caused an exception 86 GBIMPEXHIBITS. I was left to abort. Retry and ignore did not work. I turned the firewall off making sure security and virus adware were not affecting it. Same thing on download--it stopped at 36%/38%. When I looked at the open file I see data there--I am unsure how much, however, I can't not manuver with "Edit>Find a person" because it is "grayed out." I have a 80GB file and some 8,600 names in the data. :wub: Hello, we need assistance here, someone. Thanks.