michelec

Mother's age at child's baptism

Hi All,

I'm pretty sure that somewhere in the ancestry I have for my husband I've made a mistake and connected a mother and child where the mother was only 10 years old when her "child" was baptized. I wish I could remember who these people were.

I ran Audit to find them and correct this, but it looks like it only picks up Births and not Baptisms.

I'd like to set up a report to do this, but can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks in Advance for help with this,

Michele

Michele,

The quickest way to find such an aberrant entry is the run

Reports > Statistical Report

on the whole project and then look at the person whose ID is listed at

Females: Age at first child, ID MIN

Robin

Hi All,

I'm pretty sure that somewhere in the ancestry I have for my husband I've made a mistake and connected a mother and child where the mother was only 10 years old when her "child" was baptized. I wish I could remember who these people were.

I ran Audit to find them and correct this, but it looks like it only picks up Births and not Baptisms.

I'd like to set up a report to do this, but can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks in Advance for help with this,

Michele

Hi Robin,

I did that. What happened was that it revealed other people that I had made birthdate transpositions on. After running the statistical report several times and correcting each error, the last time I ran it revealed someone who actually had a child very young. No correction to be made. Plus the difference in age between the mother and child in this case are more than the difference in the mother/child I'm trying to pin down.

It may be that it is still missing Baptisms and only finding Births, because it did not find the person I am looking for.

It's looking like the only answer is to look through all my husband's ancestry until I locate it by hand.

Michele

Michele,

Robin

It was my understanding that the Statistical Report only used primary events to calculate the statistics. If you say that you have a Baptism that is still not dated correctly with respect to the age of the Mother, then this suggests that either the particular baptism is not marked primary or that the indexing in your project is out of date. In File > Maintenance run a sequence Optimise, VFI until no errors corrected. Then try the Statistical report.

BTW: I cannot see an easy way to filter the List of Events report for Baptism tags, show their dates and also show the birth date of the Mother. Also there is no current way in a TMG filter to test the difference between to enetered date fields.

You could use a filtered list of Events report on the ancestors of your huband (sorted on ID#), listing just the baptism tag data exported Excel. A second list of people report selecting the same ancestors of your husband (sorted on ID#) listing primary birth dates exported to Excel. Then you could paste these side by side, then use Excel to subtract the Mother's birth date from the Child's birth date. Because Excel doesn't think of dates earlier than somewhere about 1900 very well, I would advise only outputting a Year column for this investigation.

Robin

Michele,

Is it possible that you consistently have a tag for all your people that have the parents as Witnesses? For example, some people have customized their Birth tag and made the parents Witnesses. If so, you could "temporarily" modify the global tag sentence to include the variables [AE] for the age of the child and [RE:Mother] for the age of the person assigned the custom role "Mother". Then you could print an Individual Narrative report of selected people and only select this one tag (plus possibly also the Baptism tag) to output. Scanning that report might be easier?

Hope this gives you ideas.

Edited by Michael Hannah

Michele: This won't help your current dilemma, however may avoid it in the future......whenever I have a baptism but no birth date, I always enter in the birth date "before <baptism date>" (which shows as b00 Month 0000). Then, if a situation such as yours arises, it will show up in the audit. I do the same when I have a burial date with no death date using "before <burial date>" which again shows up in the audit if I have events happening for this person after the 'death date'.

8)

Joan

Hi Robin,

I did that. What happened was that it revealed other people that I had made birthdate transpositions on. After running the statistical report several times and correcting each error, the last time I ran it revealed someone who actually had a child very young. No correction to be made. Plus the difference in age between the mother and child in this case are more than the difference in the mother/child I'm trying to pin down.

It may be that it is still missing Baptisms and only finding Births, because it did not find the person I am looking for.

It's looking like the only answer is to look through all my husband's ancestry until I locate it by hand.

Michele

Michele,

Robin