Swampfox

Backup zip file locked - Can't backup

When I try to backup V.7 I get this message: "Input file read failure - This error occurs when a file read operation is performed on a zip file that is locked or restricted by another project."

I would like to backup my project to another directory on my computer. Can this be done or must I save to an external file or drive?

I have had the same error since converting from XP to Vista. I can update TMG just fine - just can't backup without the above error. I can't do the above work-around.

In both cases above, what is your Windows account user name and what is the path to the backup folder on your hard drive?

Finally figured it out by unchecking "Generate archive name automatically', thereby letting me edit the backup file name to "User\Duane\Documents\Smith_1.sqz".

Thanks anyway.

Finally figured it out by unchecking "Generate archive name automatically', thereby letting me edit the backup file name to "User\Duane\Documents\Smith_1.sqz".

Thanks anyway.

I used to have the same problem until I realized that if I put the path that I wanted my backup files to follow in Preferences, I could go back to generating automatically.......of course that wasn't with Vista, rather with XP :wacko:

B)

Joan