Neil Grantham

How do I display last marriage

In my person view, it displays a families events as expected, with the list of children.

One of these children has been married 3 times. I have entered the 3 dates and also 2 dates for divorces on the first 2 marriages.

So, why does the Children window display that person and her spouse is the first marriage and not the last (current)

Is there a way to change this?

In my person view, it displays a families events as expected, with the list of children.

One of these children has been married 3 times. I have entered the 3 dates and also 2 dates for divorces on the first 2 marriages.

So, why does the Children window display that person and her spouse is the first marriage and not the last (current)

The spouse shown is the "last view" spouse...to set the "last view" spouse go to the individual, switch to the Tree or Family view and click on "Next" in the lower left until the spouse you want to show is shown.

The spouse shown is the "last view" spouse...to set the "last view" spouse go to the individual, switch to the Tree or Family view and click on "Next" in the lower left until the spouse you want to show is shown.

Thank you Paul, it now does show the last marriage, but that's a little in-elegant! If I potentially have many of these kind of events, I'd prefer by default to see the persons last marriage in the Children window of his/her Parents 'Person' View

At least I now know how to 'fix' it per person.

If I potentially have many of these kind of events, I'd prefer by default to see the persons last marriage in the Children window of his/her Parents 'Person' View.

Oh, no! I'd never want the last marriage to be the default - with my ancestors that's always an unimportant marriage that followed the "real" one which produced the children.

Just another point of view. :)

I think the point is there is no "rule" that makes sense for most users.