Harry Mayo

List of people report

Hi, I am trying to make a list of people report which includes birth, death and SSN. I can get the birth and death info OK. However Ican't seem to be able to set up a column for the SSN. Any suggestions ??

Harry

The List of People report does not allow you to include data from Tags in the Other Events group (I suppose because there is such a large number of them potentially) which is where I assume you have recorded the SSN.

I can think of two ways to address this. One is to use the List of Events report. That would require you to generate three records for each person - one each for birth, death, and SSN. You could arrange the sort so that the three lines for each person follow one another.

Another approach would be use use one of the narrative reports with a custom language, and include just those three tags. That's actually pretty simple to do. Briefly, it would be something like this:

1. In any unused Language, say English2 or a custom language, create custom sentences for the three tag types. Depending on just what you want the report to look like, it could be something like this:

Birth: [P]

Death: [+]

SSN: [+]

I haven't tested, so you may need to fiddle a bit to get it as you like. I've assume that you have the SSN in the Memo of the SSN tag; if not, adjust accordingly.

2. Choose the style of report you think will work best. You could use the Individual Narrative, and set the focus to everyone you want to include. This I think would put each person on their own page, but you could send the report to a word processor and delete the page breaks and extra lines with Search and Replace. Or you might use the Ahnentafel or Descendant Indented Narrative. These last two will arrange the people into family line order.

3. Specify that the report you choose is to use the Language you used for the Sentences, and on the Tags tab of Option specify that only the three tag types are to be used.

It may take a bit of fiddling with report options to get the cleanest arrangement.

Many thanks Terry,

I think I will play around with the list of events report.

For the future I can think of a number of cases where I would like a list of people tied to events. Perhaps in Version 8.

Similarly, I want a list of people buried in XX County, AR - but I want it to show the birth date, death date, and cemetery name which is in the detail field. I had a report set up to retrieve the list of people, but it shows the name, death date and birth date only. Any way to do this?

I would like to make a report that included the last name of only one line such as the name Woodard. I want to include birth and death dates. I can not figure out how to make the report. Can someone give me a guide as to how to do this.

Will

I would like to make a report that included the last name of only one line such as the name Woodard. I want to include birth and death dates. I can not figure out how to make the report. Can someone give me a guide as to how to do this.

Will

Question was placed here as well as on TMG-L and was already answered on 08/17/2009 by "GRSwede" on TMG-L as follows:

List of people report

Filter: Surname = Woodward END

on Options set Output Columns:

Column 1 Name Group tag: Last, Given Names

Column 2 Birth Group tag; Date

Column 3 Death Group tag; Date

Run report

John