ctyank

Preferences Options Tag Box

When I use preferences to save my options to reload each time i open my project. I have trouble with the Tag Box and the option SHOW AGE. I tick this and apply but each time I reopen the [project the other tag preferences are fine but THE AGE COLUMN does not reload. If I want to view the ages in my person view I must reset it each time.

<_<

Do you think there is a little man living there that is having fun making me feel stupid!!!!!!! LOLs

When I use preferences to save my options to reload each time i open my project. I have trouble with the Tag Box and the option SHOW AGE. I tick this and apply but each time I reopen the [project the other tag preferences are fine but THE AGE COLUMN does not reload. If I want to view the ages in my person view I must reset it each time.

<_>

Do you think there is a little man living there that is having fun making me feel stupid!!!!!!! LOLs

What you do changes the layout of the person details window and without saving that new, modified layout -say with the AGE column showing up- as you've experienced it won't show next time you open your project.

Solution: check the AGE column under preferences and then save the layout (overwriting an existing layout or by creating a new layout with a significant name) either via View > Layouts > Manage layouts or by clicking on the "Save custom layout" button in the toolbar.

<_<

What you do changes the layout of the person details window and without saving that new, modified layout -say with the AGE column showing up- as you've experienced it won't show next time you open your project.

Solution: check the AGE column under preferences and then save the layout (overwriting an existing layout or by creating a new layout with a significant name) either via View > Layouts > Manage layouts or by clicking on the "Save custom layout" button in the toolbar.

Thanks heaps Vera. It is sometimes the little things that should be SIMPLE but aren't. You solved the problem ... just never thought about that!

Karen :rolleyes:

Thanks heaps Vera. It is sometimes the little things that should be SIMPLE but aren't. You solved the problem ... just never thought about that!

Karen :rolleyes:

You're most welcome, Karen. The only thing counting is that we've found the solution, right? :)