Sandy Clunies

Copying a focus group to new dataset or project

To send a GEDCOM, select 'People in the Focus Group' on Step 4 of the export wizard.

To send a TMG project, use the List of People report. Select 'Focus Group' as the subject. Use the Options / Secondary Output tab to create a new project.

To send a GEDCOM, select 'People in the Focus Group' on Step 4 of the export wizard.

To send a TMG project, use the List of People report. Select 'Focus Group' as the subject. Use the Options / Secondary Output tab to create a new project.

Bingo! I'd done it once long ago, but forgot the steps. Now that there's a new project with files in a separate folder - how can I email this to someone who also uses TMG 7.04? Do I separately attach each individual file? Am I right that my sources for those 877 people have all transferred to the new project - seems so on first glance.

I did search both Lee and Terry's books but didn't find this TMG>TMG email transfer mentioned.Thanks, Jim!

Sandy,

You could attach all the individual files, but there are a lot of them so it's easy to miss some, and they are large. Better to make a backup of that project, and email the backup. Making a backup both bundles them into a single file and compresses them, so you have a smaller package to email.

Your correspondent "opens" the backup by using File > Restore.

Sandy,

You could attach all the individual files, but there are a lot of them so it's easy to miss some, and they are large. Better to make a backup of that project, and email the backup. Making a backup both bundles them into a single file and compresses them, so you have a smaller package to email.

Your correspondent "opens" the backup by using File > Restore.

Of course - (whack on side of head!) - thanks, Terry!