Sorry if this has been answered before but I cannot find it: In V. 7 will somebody please walk me through the steps needed to make a report of everyone in my database who might be listed in the 1930 US census. Thank you!

Sorry if this has been answered before but I cannot find it: In V. 7 will somebody please walk me through the steps needed to make a report of everyone in my database who might be listed in the 1930 US census. Thank you!

Polly,

The 1930 Census was taken on 1 April 1930 so it should include anyone living on that date. You can create a filtered group using the List of People report.

Set the filter for:

LIVING <> N AND

Birth DATE < 1 April 1930 AND

Birth YEAR > 1820 END

That should give you a report of everyone who is living or not known to have died born between 1820 and 1 April 1930.

Phil

Wholly Genes Tech Support

Set the filter for:

LIVING N AND

Birth DATE

Birth YEAR > 1820 END

That should give you a report of everyone who is living or not known to have died born between 1820 and 1 April 1930.

Phil, 

Yes it does that, but I thought the question is to identify everyone who should be living at the time of the census. Your filter excluded everyone who has died since (most of the people in that census). I don't think the use of the Living Flag in this way is useful because it excludes most of the target population.

If you want to only look at people whose birth and death dates are known, you could use:

Birth DATE

( Death YEAR > 1929 OR

Living N  ) END

But I think this misses everyone for whom you don't have a birth and also either has a death tag is still shown as living now. 

Trying to include people for whom you don't have birth and death tags gets a lot more tricky.