I am using Family Tree SuperTools v2. (Excellent program!)

In creating a left to right descendant box chart it seemed to me that the page width of page seemed too narrow. When I printed an image, that turned out to be true with a lot of blank space on the right of the page. Looking at the image in the chart screen I see the entire width of available page is 5 and 5/8 inches. Yet, when I checked page setup it was set to "Letter" size and all margins were "0"!

How can I get more of the letter size page available to use for my chart?

Thank you.

I am using Family Tree SuperTools v2. (Excellent program!)

In creating a left to right descendant box chart it seemed to me that the page width of page seemed too narrow. When I printed an image, that turned out to be true with a lot of blank space on the right of the page. Looking at the image in the chart screen I see the entire width of available page is 5 and 5/8 inches. Yet, when I checked page setup it was set to "Letter" size and all margins were "0"!

How can I get more of the letter size page available to use for my chart?

Thank you.

Go to Tools / Diagram / Diagram Measurements and set the canvas size to the paper measurements: 8.5 x 11, or 11 x 8.5, depending on whether you plan to print in portrait or landscape.

Do you have the horizontal and vertical Rulers selected in View? Using those, you can use Ctrl-A to select the entire chart and use the arrow keys to center your diagram. Be sure and save your chart before you make any changes in case something does not work as you expect.

I agree - VCF (FTST) is an excellent program. I don't know of another charting program that offers the customizing abilities. Small charts are easy and a lot of fun.

Virginia

Thank you Virginia. That did it. (Not exactly intuitive!)

I've watched some of your tutorials and they too taught me a lot. I wish some one like you would group them all together, or pin the links somewhere to speed up the learning process.

Jeff

Just be aware that this works for zero width margins. The canvas size has the margins added to create the attempted final page size. However, because some printers themselves have a non printable marginal region, a chart that has content close to the edges of the canvas can finally be spanned over to an adjacent printed page. A little experiment will resolve what the real situation is for your printer.

Just be aware that this works for zero width margins. The canvas size has the margins added to create the attempted final page size. However, because some printers themselves have a non printable marginal region, a chart that has content close to the edges of the canvas can finally be spanned over to an adjacent printed page. A little experiment will resolve what the real situation is for your printer.

Good point. Thanks for pointing it out.