Hi

Delete last line from box will delete the text but not the blank space left. Is there a way to remove a blank line? (I do have the remove blank line selected in the options).

Hi

Delete last line from box will delete the text but not the blank space left. Is there a way to remove a blank line? (I do have the remove blank line selected in the options).

This can depend on the style of chart involved. When using the UK style of marriage lines, all boxes in a generation are set at a height that will accommodate the box with the most contents in that generation. In US style marriages this does not happen unless you have set the minimum box height to some value that impacts the change. Otherwise, the "Delete last Line" on the right click menu should cause the box to reduce in size once that box has lost focus and redrawn.

Hi

This can depend on the style of chart involved. When using the UK style of marriage lines, all boxes in a generation are set at a height that will accommodate the box with the most contents in that generation. In US style marriages this does not happen unless you have set the minimum box height to some value that impacts the change. Otherwise, the "Delete last Line" on the right click menu should cause the box to reduce in size once that box has lost focus and redrawn.

That is what I assumed. I am dealing with an hourglass chart but had the same problem with a descendant box chart. I'm working in Windows XP, US chart (I believe), remove blank lines selected, box minimum height set at 0. When I click on delete line it deletes the last line of text but the box does not shrink. When I try to manually make the box smaller in height it won't let me. I must have a wrong setting somewhere but do not know where.

I bought the US program so I assume this is a US chart. Is there a setting somewhere that makes it create UK type charts?

If you are using FTST, I see the same problem but not in the TMG VCF. If you still have the TMG trial version, see if it works there. The version of VCF in TMG7 is v3.2.

We should probably move the discussion to the FTST forum if there are indeed some differences.

Virginia

If you are using FTST, I see the same problem but not in the TMG VCF. If you still have the TMG trial version, see if it works there. The version of VCF in TMG7 is v3.2.

We should probably move the discussion to the FTST forum if there are indeed some differences.

Virginia

Using latest TMG7.04-VCF under xp-home-

If the last line starts with an auto-generated b., m. or d., the problem is there. If it is a continuation line, no problem. Wish WG would fix this.

Good luck,

Virginia

Using latest TMG7.04-VCF under xp-home-

If the last line starts with an auto-generated b., m. or d., the problem is there. If it is a continuation line, no problem. Wish WG would fix this.

Good luck,

It is an auto-generated line. Well at least I know it is a bug and not me!