Sign in to follow this  
Sonja Vaughn

Individual Narrative Report

Hi Sonja,

I am confused by your terms. Do you really mean "Flags"? All Flags only have one chararacter so there is not much to print out. An example of a Flag is the SEX flag with possible values of 'M' 'F' '?'. You can print out these values, but I can't think of a way to do it in an Individual Narrative. You can easily get these values in a List of People report.

Could you possibly mean custom "Tags" instead of "Flags"? You can control the sentence output of a Tag by modifying the Sentence template for that type of Tag. You can do this either globally for all uses of that Tag, or locally for a specific Tag. For details on making such changes I recommend viewing Terry Reigel's TMG Tips about Sentence Structures here. If you put one or two of the special TMG carriage return codes [:CR:] at the beginning of a sentence, that will make the Tag output look like a new paragraph. These sentence formatting codes are described in the internal TMG Help under the topic "Available Format, Font, and Other Codes"

Hope this gives you ideas,

Hi Sonja,

I am confused by your terms. Do you really mean "Flags"? All Flags only have one chararacter so there is not much to print out. An example of a Flag is the SEX flag with possible values of 'M' 'F' '?'. You can print out these values, but I can't think of a way to do it in an Individual Narrative. You can easily get these values in a List of People report.

Could you possibly mean custom "Tags" instead of "Flags"? You can control the sentence output of a Tag by modifying the Sentence template for that type of Tag. You can do this either globally for all uses of that Tag, or locally for a specific Tag. For details on making such changes I recommend viewing Terry Reigel's TMG Tips about Sentence Structures here. If you put one or two of the special TMG carriage return codes [:CR:] at the beginning of a sentence, that will make the Tag output look like a new paragraph. These sentence formatting codes are described in the internal TMG Help under the topic "Available Format, Font, and Other Codes"

Hope this gives you ideas,