Pat Norton

TMG 7.04 Microsoft Visual FoxPro Fatal Error

Whilst using TMG today I have had several FoxPro fatal errors occur and each time I get the same error message. I am just adding data to one existing family member, then going back via parent to another sibling and updating that siblings data.

The error message reads as follows:

Fatal error: Exception code=COOOOOO5 @ 2009.10.14 11 :47:26 AM. Error log file: C:\Program Files\The Master GenealO1:Jist v7\VFP9Rerr.log Called from -tmgmain line 556 {C:\Pr01:Jram Files\The Master Genealogist v7\tmg\programs\tmgmain.prg c:\program files\the master genl'<llogist v7\tmg7 .exe}

Can anyone please help, or do I need to reinstall via a new download.

Regards

to all

It may not help but it is worth while running "Validate File Integrity" from the File, Maintenance Menu. It wont do any harm.

Edited by nbradley

Pat -

To change focus to the sibling are you clicking on that person in the Siblings window or in the Parent's Details window? Whichever method, try the other way to change focus and see if that makes a difference.

There should be no need to re-install.

Virginia

Thank you for your help Neil and Virginia.

Today I tried the following;

1. Ran the Validate File Integrity with all ok - no errors found.

2. Tried accessing siblings via the siblings panel rather than via parents, Details panel page openned OK [only tried this 3 times to date] with no problems to date. Oops spoke to sooon!!!!

Today I tried to merge two siblings [actually only one person but had been duplicated] merger worked but the the same Microsoft Visual FoxPro error notice appeared and TMG crashed [same details as before only time has changed]. Error does not appear to be related solely to siblings.

As a result of this error I did the following;

1. Ran Validate File Integrity again. Again Validation complete - no problems found.

2. Ran Optimise Tool and as result saved some 5MB in file size.

3. Reindexed project

4. Ran Performance Recommendations - usual notes re defrag, multitasking, etc but no problems with TMG [i do have Auto-Relationship Tag on; Accent is turned on regarding sex of person; Age column is displayed; Expanded Picklist is selected;

I regularly defrag and virus check.

None of the steps that you are taking will make any difference.

C0000005 errors are usually Visual FoxPro timing errors.

You need to describe exactly the sequence of steps that you take that results in an error. There will be a pattern. If you can describe the pattern, it's might be possible to adjust the TMG program code to work around the VFP error.

None of the steps that you are taking will make any difference.

C0000005 errors are usually Visual FoxPro timing errors.

You need to describe exactly the sequence of steps that you take that results in an error. There will be a pattern. If you can describe the pattern, it's might be possible to adjust the TMG program code to work around the VFP error.

Thanks Jim,

I will try to keep a record of my exact actions from now on.

But this is me, a totally random character! who jumps from one thing to another.

regards

witelite

MS Visual FoxPro Error

Prior to using TMG today I went to Wholly Genes website and downloaded latest version of TMG V7 and reinstalled it over top of existing TMG V7, reactivated using my reciept details.

I have Windows XP Pro running using 2 monitors [i previously had TMG running on Monitor 1 and Adobe Acrobat on Monitor 2].

1. Had 2 programmes running;

a. TMG V7.04 [on monitor 2] - working on my 3GGF family as follows;

1. Completed changing a birth record from c 1850 location unknown, to b. 1850, town, state, and country;

2. Clicked on her father [my 3GGF] to enable switch to her twin sibling;

3. When father's details page opened clicked on twin sisters name;

4. Microsft Visual FoxPro error encountered

5. Did not get to the other twin child.

b. Adobe Acobat V8.1.6 [on monitor 1] running with some scanned handwritten notes [6 pages] converted into pdf file.

3. Whislt error message window still open closed Adobe Acobat.

4. Made 3 screenshots of TMG [on monitor2] closing down.

I have attached the 3 screenshots

Edit: I have been able to fix this by backing out a couple of recent Windows updates (KB2510581 and KB2544893 , ones not recommened by Windows Secrets)

I have also had a similar error:

Fatal error: Exception code=C0000005 @ 2011.07.09 07:09:21 PM. Error log file: C:\Program Files\The Master Genealogist v7\VFP9Rerr.log

Called from - tmgmain line 556 {C:\Program Files\The Master Genealogist v7\tmg\programs\tmgmain.prg c:\program files\the master genealogist v7\tmg7.exe}

It has occurred half a dozen times in a row, on a couple of different projects (one was the sample project).

It has occurred each time that i have tried to access the 'File' menu - I don't click on anything in the File menu, it happens when i invoke the menu.

I am on XP, and running the UK version. This has only just started happening.

Your help would be appreciated.

- Tim

Edited by Tim Hill

C0000005 errors are generally timing errors. They happen when you do a specific sequence of events very rapidly.

Have you rebooted your computer? If this doesn't work, I'd suggest reinstalling the program.

To reinstall, do the uninstall and then delete the TMG7 program folder.

"C:\Program Files\The Master Genealogist v7"

The data file folders are fine, won't be changed by the uninstall, and don't need to be deleted.

Reinstall using the full v7.04 UK installer.

http://www.whollygenes.com/files/tmg7uksetup.exe