ctyank

Problem with Sizing Tasks Research log

Hi folks,

Maybe someone can help. When I open my Research log in TMG7.04 for an existing task I have set, the window which I open after to edit the task is too big. I can barely get my cursor on the save button. None of my efforts have allowed me to resize the Edit window for a task to bring it back to a smaller screen. Any idea of what little gremlins might be causing the problem? If I shrink the screen I have no access to the bottom save, close, etc buttons at all.

Thanks Karen

Edited by ctyank

Karen -

If you cannot resize the Edit window to make it smaller, you may have reached the minimum size imposed by the v7 sizing method. Try switching to the v5/6 sizing method in Preferences / Program Options / Other .....Use the TMG v5/6 method of window resizing. That method will allow you to make the window smaller.

Virginia

Karen -

If you cannot resize the Edit window to make it smaller, you may have reached the minimum size imposed by the v7 sizing method. Try switching to the v5/6 sizing method in Preferences / Program Options / Other .....Use the TMG v5/6 method of window resizing. That method will allow you to make the window smaller.

Virginia

Thanks Virginia,

That has made the text viewing size very large but has restored the screen so I can see the Save Cancel and Help buttons. Does look a little funny though. Not sure what it means by the v7 minimum sizing method and what that means but at least give me a sort of a solution!

thanks karen

Karen -

The default for TMG v7 is the v7 (also MS Windows) sizing method. Some windows like the Focus Window and your Task edit window have a default minimum size. By changing to the old TMG v5/6 sizing method you can go below those v7 minimum defaults. You can then control the text size in Preferences / Program Options / Lists. For more on changing font size using the TMG v5/6 sizing method see Paul Lawrence's article here.

The sizing method is explained in Help / Preferences / Other:

"Use the TMG 5/6 method of window resizing

This box is unchecked by default.

The standard method of window resizing is that text remains the same size and that data entry/display space increases/decreases when a window size is increased/decreased. This is how the windows in most Windows™ applications work. The base font size for lists is set using the Minimum font size setting on the Program Options: Lists screen and the base font size for the Project Explorer is set using the Font size setting on the Program Options: Project Explorer screen.

When using the TMG 5/6 method of window resizing, the font size increases/decreases in list windows when the window size is increased/decreased. The range of the font size change in these windows is controlled by the Minimum font size and Maximum font size settings on the Program Options: Lists screen."

Virginia

Karen -

The default for TMG v7 is the v7 (also MS Windows) sizing method. Some windows like the Focus Window and your Task edit window have a default minimum size. By changing to the old TMG v5/6 sizing method you can go below those v7 minimum defaults. You can then control the text size in Preferences / Program Options / Lists. For more on changing font size using the TMG v5/6 sizing method see Paul Lawrence's article here.

The sizing method is explained in Help / Preferences / Other:

"Use the TMG 5/6 method of window resizing

This box is unchecked by default.

The standard method of window resizing is that text remains the same size and that data entry/display space increases/decreases when a window size is increased/decreased. This is how the windows in most Windows™ applications work. The base font size for lists is set using the Minimum font size setting on the Program Options: Lists screen and the base font size for the Project Explorer is set using the Font size setting on the Program Options: Project Explorer screen.

When using the TMG 5/6 method of window resizing, the font size increases/decreases in list windows when the window size is increased/decreased. The range of the font size change in these windows is controlled by the Minimum font size and Maximum font size settings on the Program Options: Lists screen."

Virginia

While this solves the problem it has caused other screens and their font size problems to resize in larger fonts. Wish I could figure out why the I cannpt move or resize the screen so I can view the save tabs, etc on the bottom of the right corner of the unviewable screen. Thanks Karen

Karen -

With TMG full screen, if there is not room for you to grab that window by the top bar and drag it up, and given the minimum size of the window with the v7 sizing method, you may have to increase your screen resolution.

With the v5/6 sizing method, you can set a minimum and maximum font size - per Paul's article in the link above.

Virginia