breamefford

LDS Familysearch

Is Master Genealogist 8 going to sync with the new familysearch.org? My husband went to a conference and the programmers for the new familysearch said they designed an API for other software vendors to be able to easily sync with. Currently RootsMagic & Ancestral Quest have added this capability to their programs.

I've used Master Genealogist for several years, and there are so many things that I love about it, but it's been very time consuming trying to update all my LDS tags manually. It would be amazing to have the LDS tags updated automatically!

Is Master Genealogist 8 going to sync with the new familysearch.org? My husband went to a conference and the programmers for the new familysearch said they designed an API for other software vendors to be able to easily sync with. Currently RootsMagic & Ancestral Quest have added this capability to their programs.

I've used Master Genealogist for several years, and there are so many things that I love about it, but it's been very time consuming trying to update all my LDS tags manually. It would be amazing to have the LDS tags updated automatically!

I would like to second that request! I just viewed how RootsMagic integrates with the New FamilySearch and was totally blown away. I have loved, used and recommended TMG since the very first, but I'd really like to see this feature added. Is it on the drawing board?

I would also like the interface to newFamilySearch.

I have worked out a method to do searches directly from TMG to newFamilySearch using FamilyInsight. This helps a great deal. If you have some scripting talents maybe you can help me get it linked even closer to TMG.

It will allow me to search using TMG and send my TMG data to newFamilySearch but will not update TMG with the data found.

If you are interested let me know and I will be glad to share what I have working. I was given much help in getting it set up and it has saved me a lot of time.

Roger

Edited by RWells