NeilMcD

Multiple witnesses from Extended Picklist

I am using the extended picklist to choose multiple witnesses for a census tag. The picklist is sorted on ID number.

I enter 5986, and click OK.

The "Confirm selection" window appears. It shows people with ID numbers 5, 59, 598, 986, and 5986. This is clearly wrong.

I can see there might be problems with the progressive search (or whatever it's called) on a numeric field, but I suspect the above behaviour is not what is intended. Can anyone confirm?

Neil

Hi Neil,

I see the same thing and believe I understand the issue. I can reproduce this behavior if I put something in the Search field but do not actually select anyone from the picklist (i.e. click on their name). Since you have not actually selected anyone when you click OK, TMG seems to use whatever people pointers are left in some internal table.

As described by the TMG Help, in Multiple Witnesses mode you are expected to actually select (click on) one or more people. I do notice that if you choose the button on the Tag Entry screen to only add one Witness, then click the Picklist button on the Add Witness screen and use the Search feature, TMG will assume that the currently highlighted person is the single person you want without you needing to explictly select it. But that automatic selection of a single person does not occur in Multiple Witnessess mode.

While TMG does state that you are expected to select people in this mode, its behavior when you don't is probably not "friendly" behavior. I will report it. In the meantime, when in Multiple Witnesses mode be sure to actually select one or more people.

Thanks, Michael

Yes, following your instructions works fine, but I'm glad you think it's not friendly. If they can improve it - fine, otherwise I can manage.

Neil