Sign in to follow this  
John Oldman

Report printing of Roles of Witnesses

Windows XP Professional Version 2002

Service Pack 3

2.93 GHz, 3.25 GB of RAM

For the Marriage Tag (^M) I have created Witness Roles for every member of the Wedding Party and also the minister, with a specific Sentence Structure assigned to each Role.

When I create an Individual Narrative for P1 or P2, the report shows that P1 married P2, the daughter of <[PARO]>, as I would expect, but it does not report the Roles of any of the other Witnesses.

Where is my error please?

Furthermore, what is the difference between the Tags of Marriage (^M), Marriage 1, & Marriage 2 ?

Note: John, never post your TMG user number in public - I have edited it out.

Terry Reigel, moderator.

For the Marriage Tag (^M) I have created Witness Roles for every member of the Wedding Party and also the minister, with a specific Sentence Structure assigned to each Role.

When I create an Individual Narrative for P1 or P2, the report shows that P1 married P2, the daughter of , as I would expect, but it does not report the Roles of any of the other Witnesses.

John,

You have created Sentences for the Witnesses, which will cause their participation to be mentioned in their narratives. But it looks like you didn't modify the Sentences of the Principals. Since you didn't modify them, they continue to print as before, with no mention of the Witnesses.

You need to add the Role variables, with appropriate wording to describe the person's role, to the Sentences of the Principals. See my Roles Tutoral for details.

Furthermore, what is the difference between the Tags of Marriage (^M), Marriage 1, & Marriage 2 ?

I don't know - Marriage 1 and Marriage 2 are not standard tags. It would appear you have added them, maybe to be used for people with multiple marriages?