percy porter

Extracting a single family tree to a separate Project

I have a family on my tree which I wish to create in a separate project, I started to do it manually but I am sure their is a far more economical way of doing it. There are some 50 names plus spouses going back to the mid 1600s' which could take me forever ........

can anyone offer a solution.

Alan NZ

I have a family on my tree which I wish to create in a separate project, I started to do it manually but I am sure their is a far more economical way of doing it.

Hi Alan,

Yep, there is an easier way :D

If you have a true family, then I suggest creating a Focus Group starting with adding an individual, then their ancestors, spouse, descendants, as needed. Keep adding until you get the people you want in that Focus Group. Now save the group with some name. Finally, run a List of People report. On the main report definition screen select your Focus Group as the Subjects. Now in the report Options, on the Secondary Output tab, choose to create a new project.

If this is not clear check the TMG Help under the topic "Focus Group", or just ask and one of us users will provide more details.

Thanks Michael, after going round in circles for a while I managed to achieve a satisfactory result. Not bad considering it's only 06.45. I hope the rest of the day follows along the same lines but I doubt it.

Regards

Hi Alan,

Yep, there is an easier way :D

If you have a true family, then I suggest creating a Focus Group starting with adding an individual, then their ancestors, spouse, descendants, as needed. Keep adding until you get the people you want in that Focus Group. Now save the group with some name. Finally, run a List of People report. On the main report definition screen select your Focus Group as the Subjects. Now in the report Options, on the Secondary Output tab, choose to create a new project.

If this is not clear check the TMG Help under the topic "Focus Group", or just ask and one of us users will provide more details.