sam.m

TMG v8 preview at RUG meeting on Dec 12

Brief Details of the public demonstration from one of the attendees Fran Segall

In summary:

* No release date has been given by Bob Velke. "It'll be released when it's ready"

1. Ability to customize the columns displayed in the Person View.

2. Able to accent specific tag types.

3. Add multiple people of the same type via a spreadsheet format.

4. Able to edit the tag type from the right-click menu.

5. The associates window will be able to display the person's name as selected in that tag, rather than just the primary name.

6. The Report Writer, has been upgraded to supporting 64-bit operating systems

--

At the moment no feature list or screen shots have been posted on the whollygenes company's web site as mentioned in the newsletter (But Bob is Busy at work as he mentions here)

Im Osten nicht neues

Translating this to english "In the East, nothing new"

Hmm your not trolling are you?

Just commenting on the want of info on TMG 8. "Im Westen Nicht Neues" was Remarque's original title for All Quiet on the Western Front. Thus all quiet on the Eastern front, at least as of 6:53 PM PST Monday . . .

I'm afraid I let my anxiety to get v.8 -- or at least some info on it -- get the better of me.

formerprof

There should be something in the next newsletter as soon as Bob has the time to write it. There is no point in being in a rush. The cake is still in the oven baking and won't come out until it is done.

6. The Report Writer, has been upgraded to supporting 64-bit operating systems

I hope that the above will be implemented and released first. Even independently of v8.0 (Perhaps as v.7.10?)

I've been looking forward to getting a new machine running W7 and 64bit but I can't until the report module is resolved. Just as a WAG, I'm sure that there are others in the same situation, and others who have decided not to use TMG because it.

Having said that, I very much agree that v8.0 should not be released until it is thouroughly debuged.