Pat Norton

Master Source List Report

How do I set up and the print a report showing the Master Source List, with the Persons for whom each Source has been Cited?

I have tried the following method without success;

1. Report on menu bar

2. List of .... > Sources

3. All Sources

4. Word for Windows V8 >:\documents and settings\user\my documents\the master genealogist v7\report_output\Master Source List Report.doc

5. Options button > output columns >

Sort Order Column Type Heading width

1 Source Number SourcNum 8

2 Title Name 50

3 # of Citations Citations 10

4 Subject Person Subject 50

I have some 300 odd sources overall [they are not numbered consecutively, but in my own "source group" families]

The first 3 columns appear correct but column 4 does not show the subject person as per the options setup but rather shows in some 20 cases as a duplicate of the souce name.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help

Edited by Pat Norton

Pat -

I think the List of Citations is what you are looking for. What you are seeing in column 4 in the List of Sources is the subject of the source, not the subject person of the tag where the source is cited. You can have either a columnar or indented List of Citations.

Virginia

Virginia, Thank you very much for your helpful advice it worked out well

regards

Pat Norton

Pat -

I think the List of Citations is what you are looking for. What you are seeing in column 4 in the List of Sources is the subject of the source, not the subject person of the tag where the source is cited. You can have either a columnar or indented List of Citations.

Virginia