Peter_M

Family Tree Maker 2010

Just bought SuperTools to use with Family Tree Maker 2010 to make personalised charts.

Just realised that that FTM 2010 is using a new file format .ftm, rather than the old .ftw files.

Hower SuperTools does not list .ftm as an available import option.

Are there a software update planned, or any workaround suggestions?

You would have to ask Wholly Genes about future SuperTools plans and likely won't get an answer.

TMG currently supports the import of FTM 2008 and FTM 2009. There are a few changes in FTM 2010 that I haven't analyzed yet so no work has been done on that. Eventually, I'll take a look.

Just bought SuperTools to use with Family Tree Maker 2010 to make personalised charts.

Just realised that that FTM 2010 is using a new file format .ftm, rather than the old .ftw files.

Hower SuperTools does not list .ftm as an available import option.

Are there a software update planned, or any workaround suggestions?

I have just purchased Super tools and have found the same problem. My imediate work around was to export the contents of Family Tree Maker 2010 in GEDCOM format and then import this into Super Tools. However I note on the Wholly Genes web site that Super Tools is supossed to be integrated with FTM and reads directly from the FTM file. This would seem to imply that you do not need to import any data.

Regards

JeffE

Neither FTST or TMG can import a FTM 2010 database file directly. You could import a GEDCOM (in the GEDCOM 5 format) from FTM into FTST or TMG.

The fact that FTM 2008-2010 uses GenBridge has absolutely nothing to do with getting the data from FTM 2010 to FTST or TMG.