edwinhardee

snow leopard, crossover 8 and tmg7

I don't have any experience with Crossover 8, but Snow Leopard, TMG7 and VMWare Fusion all work just fine-what sort of problems are you having? Perhaps then we can narrow down if it is SL, CW8 or TMG7.

Since you don't actually have a Windows Operating System installed when running Crossover my guess would be required Windows components needed for TMG to run are not present.

Suggest you contact CodeWeavers support http://www.codeweavers.com/support/

MacBook Pro, Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.2

Downloaded and installed demo version Crossover 8.

Noted that the list of supported Windows applications is quite short and does NOT include TMG, however unsupported apps can be installed.

After muddling around a bit managed to get TMG 7.04 installed, and opened the sample project.

Text/Data/Tags in Details, Children, Siblings, Associates, and many of the Tools windows while apparently present, is not visible. Fiddled with fonts and colors but could not make the text visible. Text in Family view and Tree view was visible. Most of the windows for the items on the Tools menu, such as Master Place List went into a updating loop when opened, between Crossover controls, and TMG Window menu item I was able in some instances to stop the looping but the text in the lists was not visible, in some cases the window would stop looping and close.

At this time it would appear that Crossover is not a viable option for running TMG on an Intel processor Mac.

Edited by ggilbert1

I don't have any experience with Crossover 8, but Snow Leopard, TMG7 and VMWare Fusion all work just fine-what sort of problems are you having? Perhaps then we can narrow down if it is SL, CW8 or TMG7.

You may also want to look at the following links 1 2. 3 for additional help.