Tmg v7.04-PDF printer driver and Win7

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Virginia Blakelock

Virginia Blakelock
  • Moderators
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:43 PM

:angry: :angry: At the risk of appearing stupid, will someone please tell me where the 18+ step Jim Byram pdf install instructions are!!!

It is a 'pinned message' (a message of importance) at the top of the forum section on The Master Genealogist v7 here.

Virginia
Win7 Professional x64

#42 ctyank

ctyank
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:36 PM

Hi,

I too have had issues with the 64-bit computer. I do now have them appearing in the report writing phase as a PDF. However, when I am trying to add my sources as Endnotes, they are created but the PDF only shows the report (for example - a descendant narrative of four pages). I must confess I have not been a PDF user before always tryiong to write a report in WORDtill this 64-bit issue. But the endnotes do not appear, only the report. It does appear they are there because when I exit it says the endnotes on in a cumulative list and they will be erased. Any idea where they are hiding.

Thanks Karen

#43 Jim Byram

Jim Byram
  • Moderators
  • 7,340 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:52 AM

But the endnotes do not appear, only the report. It does appear they are there because when I exit it says the endnotes on in a cumulative list and they will be erased. Any idea where they are hiding.

You need to follow the report with an Endnotes report. This will produce a second report with the endnotes.

With the different report engine in TMG8, the PDF report will include the endnotes.

#44 ctyank

ctyank
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:46 PM

But the endnotes do not appear, only the report. It does appear they are there because when I exit it says the endnotes on in a cumulative list and they will be erased. Any idea where they are hiding.

You need to follow the report with an Endnotes report. This will produce a second report with the endnotes.

With the different report engine in TMG8, the PDF report will include the endnotes.

Thanks Jim, Works a charm.

#45 PeterKramer

PeterKramer
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:54 AM

Hi Jim, I've done all this, but in getting to the last stage I find the printer as "Wholly Genes PDF Writer v3. In right-clicking on the effigy and choosing properties I only find 2 tabs: General (my translation, German version of Win 7 says Allgemein) and Hardware. There is no third tab called Ports. I have tried the new settings without solving this last step. My attempt to send a compressed pedigree to a PDF files again ended in a paralysed pc. So here I am, almost paralysed too. How can I go on? Peter

#46 PeterKramer

PeterKramer
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:10 AM

Here I am again. I got my problem solved. I had chosen properties instead of printer properties, a tiny but decisive difference. I found the hint in another thread here, not being the only one who was mistaken in this respect. Thanks for an excellent step-by-step description how to get to a PDF-based pedigree. Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users