jrw

No progeny

Searched under end of line, no children. i know i saw this posted before. How do you deignate in your project that someone has no issue so you dont return later ( or someone reviewing your project) and try to find issue?

jrw

I just add a custom tag named Children-No with a sentence that says there are are no known children. I do a similar thing if I know a person wasn't married. I suppose there are other ways, but that's how I handle it.

Jane

Or you could simply use the standard "Num Child" tag and put the word "no" in the memo. It's standard sentence would then give: "John Smith and Jane Smith had no children". Either type of tag gives you a place to cite the sources that convince you they had no children so you don't go looking again later.

It is in my v7.04 sample project, not in my projects, and I have never used it. There's a mention of it in the 2000 list archives, where Cheri Casper said she thought she had seen it in the sample project too.

Virginia

There are some "custom" tag types in the Sample project intended as examples of creating such tags. I created a "New" project with one person and saved it for testing purposes. That project has only the Standard tag types. I find it a cleaner project to start with for my testing purposes.