Matt_G

Bad tmg7setup.exe?

On a new computer running Windows 7 x64. Need to install TMG.

I downloaded the install file but I can't run it.

Here's the error I get:

Could not initialize installation. File size expected=46552735, size returned=46487199.

I tried to use this setup.exe in XP mode as well. I get the same error.

Could someone else download the current setup.exe and see if they get this error?

I think there is a corrupt file on the server, but I'm just not sure at this point.

Thanks,

Matt

The likely problem is that the download wasn't completed. I just downloaded an intact installer.

Try: http://www.whollygenes.com/files/tmg7setup.exe

Finally found the issue and got a good download.

Strange issue. Even though this has nothing to do with TMG, I'm going to put this out there for Jim's benefit.

I was choosing a DFS share on one of my servers as my save location. (One runs Windows Server 2008 and the other 2003 R2)

Firefox was downloading the file directly to the share. You could tell this by the appearance of a .part file in the directory upon starting the download.

The size of the file upon completion was different every time I tried it. Sometimes it was only off a few bytes and other times by as much as 60 KB.

Using IE 8 it worked fine because IE downloads to a temp directory on the machine your using and then upon completion of the download moves the file to the directory you chose.

Also Firefox works correctly if downloading to the local machine.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with Firefox, or if it could be a problem with my AV solution on the servers (F-Prot) not playing nicely with DFS replication.

At any rate it sure isn't a problem with TMG, but I thought I'd throw this out there for you Jim in case you ever run into this in the future.

I'm glad this happened because I need to find out if it is a problem with my AV and DFS. If I have a problem there, I need to either find a solution or change to another AV program.

I really hope that isn't the case because F-Prot is the only AV program out there that doesn't charge what I call the "server tax".

Everyone else raises their fees for server based programs ten fold. :(