michelec

Lost F2 and F3 in Windows 7/VMware Fusion Virtual on Mac

I'm using TMG 7 on an iMac using VMware Fusion in a virtual window. In the window, when running TMG, the F2 and F3 keys do not work. Does anyone know how to get the use of those keys from the Mac to TMG? It's really bugging me when I have to keep typing the source number, city, county, and state instead of just hitting F3.

Thanks in advance for guidance.

Michele

MacBook Pro, OS 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard), Parallels 5, Win XP Pro SP3, TMG 7.04

The MacBook Pro is a laptop, the function keys are dual purpose, serving special functions and normal functions, there is an Fn key which is pressed in combination with the F key to make them work as normal function keys

In System Preferences > Keyboard you can select F keys work normally, then you use the Fn key to make them do the special functions.

I just use the Fn key in combination with the appropriate F key and that does what is expected in TMG.

Some of the higher F keys are designated by default to work with Expose, and you can change them to use keys that won't interfere with TMG functions in System Preferences > Expose & Spaces

In Parallels > Devices > Keyboard there are menu items for sending different key & key combination's like ctrl+alt+delete the Mac keyboard does not support.