retired97

TMG7 Exhibit Folder

Been getting an error message on start up "Exhibit folder X not found. Do you want to use default exhibit folder?" "Y N". If I click either yes or no TMG starts up ok. X stands for the folder location in the My Documents folder where the external exhibits are stored. Everything in the message squares with the exhibit folder location shown in the current project options.

Have tried VFI and reinstalling TMG7. The reinstillation seemed to work until I downloaded and installed the updates then the error message again pops up on start up. Other than than TMG7 works perfectly well. Any suggestions?

I suspect that the exhibit folder is an invalid path.

What is your operating system?

What is the exhibits path in Preferences?

Where are your exhibits located?

I suspect that the exhibit folder is an invalid path.

What is your operating system?

What is the exhibits path in Preferences?

Where are your exhibits located?

The exhibit path is C:\Documents and Settings\Tom George\My Documents\The Master Genealogist v7\Exhibits\ exactly the same as in the preferences and all exhibits are located there. System is XP Pro, 4 gig ram and no problems with disk space.

I'm stumped for the moment. You should only get that dialog when the exhibits folder can't be located or is an invalid path.

The only thing that strikes me is your comment about updating TMG.

You might try downloading the v7.04 full installer and installing over the existing installation using the current program path and the same installer settings that you used previously. This will not affect any of your TMG data.

http://www.whollygenes.com/files/tmg7setup.exe