shampayne

Members Map

I had a look at the new "Members Map" I finally found New Zealand attached to Australia :angry: If New Zealand is going to be attached to Australia I would suggest that where you have "Choose Map" make it Australia and NZ or even better still New Zealand and Australia :wub:

Jim

Like Jim, I strongly object to NZ being shown as part of Australia!!! :(

Having finally figured that as I couldn't add a country, you must have it somewhere already, and looked under Australia.

Like Jim, suggest renaming the map either Australia and NZ, or even better NZ and Australia :)

It also took me ages to get the pin to show up in the right place, as it kept popping up several positions too far to the left rather than where I thought my mouse was pointing.

Lorna

Like Jim, I strongly object to NZ being shown as part of Australia!!!  :(

Having finally figured that as I couldn't add a country, you must have it somewhere already, and looked under Australia.

Like Jim, suggest renaming the map either Australia and NZ, or even better NZ and Australia :)

It also took me ages to get the pin to show up in the right place, as it kept popping up several positions too far to the left rather than where I thought my mouse was pointing.

Lorna

I agree on the pin placement ... ended up in the water a couple of times :D but I object to 'NZ and Australia' ... of course they'll have to be 'separated' somehow but it's got to be the other way around (Australia and NZ) (ducking ...) :lol:

post edited to prevent misunderstandings

Edited by Astrid

Astrid

I tried to place my pin in the right place but like Lorna (at first) I couldn't get it there. I would like to see two entries - one for New Zealand and the other Australia but I was trying to compromise.

jim

Dear Jim, Lorna, and Astrid

I too, would like to see New Zealand listed as a separate country. It is such after all. I am sure those living in the USA would just as rightly object to being labelled Canadians. I am hopeful that this 'slight indiscretion' on the part of whoever supplied the maps and their labels to the webmaster will soon be rectified. :)

After a little clicking somewhere about White Island I did finally manage to get my pin over Auckland. It just took about three tries. :wacko:

Ann

Bob was quite right in the Newsletter - It is fascinating to see how the pin distribution is increasing. At the moment early morning here in the UK and there has been a big increase overnight.

Les Wylde

Me too! If they can't bring themselves to call the region "Australia and New Zealand", then how about "Australasia" or even "Oceania" or "South Pacific"?

And how come my timezone is set correctly (and shows the correct time when I edit my profile) and yet shows without Daylight Savings when I check my profile as though I were another user?

Yes as a New Zealander living in Melbourne I think New Zealand should be seperate.

I was surprised to see NZ there as an afterthought to Australia.

One advantage of Australia and NZ in the index is that you dont have to scroll down the list to see Australia,

However interesting to see how members are spread.

Janice

I agree on the pin placement ... ended up in the water a couple of times  :D  but I object to 'NZ and Australia' ... of course they'll have to be 'separated' somehow but it's got to be the other way around (Australia and NZ) (ducking ...)  :lol:

post edited to prevent misunderstandings

Oh Astrid, plain biscuits and water at the next TMG Users group meeting. :ph34r:

Janice

New Zealand now has its very own map.

I'm afraid that you Kiwis will need to re-plot your pins on the new map, however, because they didn't survive the splitting. Sorry.

Actually, now they're floating in the water off the coast of Australia ;)

New Zealand now has its very own map.

I'm afraid that you Kiwis will need to re-plot your pins on the new map, however, because they didn't survive the splitting.  Sorry.

Actually, now they're floating in the water off the coast of Australia  ;)

:wub: Bob, thanks for listening to my plea and giving us a separate map.

Sorry to the others who have been left swimming off the coast of Australia :o but I trust that you won't mind having our own map. I will be interested to see who is near to me

Jim

Guest Guest_Jim Payne_*
Findability Jim.  NZ isn't part of Australia.  I agree the map could be bigger, ...

I agree Lorna with that word "Findability" :mellow: Now we can go straight to the NZ map without trying to guess which country or island we are attached to

I also had landed up in the sea on the other map and this gave me another chance to put myself in the right place. I was getting tired of swimming :(

Jim

Well, personally I didn't think we should have a separate map, but I did think it was a cheek calling the map "Australia" - it should have been called something else like "Australia & NZ" which would have been realistic.

Having a map for every country where there is a TMG user who uses this community will be a royal pain.

My personal opinion only.

Well, personally I didn't think we should have a separate map, but I did think it was a cheek calling the map "Australia" - it should have been called something else like "Australia & NZ" which would have been realistic. 

Having a map for every country where there is a TMG user who uses this community will be a royal pain. 

My personal opinion only.

The down side of separate map for New Zealand is that it is further down the aplhabet.

Nice to see Wellington members. I was second person in Wellington to own TMG.

Sadly ;) mine is on Melbourne.