kaye

Descendant narrative report

Can anyone tell me how I can easily get a descendancy narrative report from the main person to include all his descendants please?. In version 4 this is automatic.

The Descendant Indented Narrative is set for 15 generations by default. If you need more generations, change that on the Options / General tab of the report.

The Descendant Indented Narrative is set for 15 generations by default. If you need more generations, change that on the Options / General tab of the report.

Thank you. No you misunderstood. I need only the one line. When I did one person I just got his details. How do I get all his descendants. Generations have nothing to do with it. I just want as many as he has. I just tried all project and it went though 45,000 records. This was simple in V4. Obviously I have to put in other info but not a clue how to do this as no expanitory notes.

As I said, if you run a Descendant Indented Narrative report and the subject has descendants, those individuals will be included for 15 generations by default.

As I said, if you run a Descendant Indented Narrative report and the subject has descendants, those individuals will be included for 15 generations by default.

Hello Jim

No descendants were not included. As I said I only got the primary person in the report and no descendants. That is information about this person only. It is called a descenant narrative report and I expected that I would get descendants . I had ticked "use current focus person". This automatically ticked on one person and his number. This is my problem. Obviously I have to tinker with a whole bunch of tasks to get this report. But what do I need to do.

Kaye -

In the Report Options for that report, on the General Tab, take a look at the Surety settings in the middle lower half of that screen. You should have both 'No Threshold' and 'Include blank surety' checked. You may run into the same problem in other reports, so you may want to look at the Surety setting in those cases.

Virginia

Kaye -

In the Report Options for that report, on the General Tab, take a look at the Surety settings in the middle lower half of that screen. You should have both 'No Threshold' and 'Include blank surety' checked. You may run into the same problem in other reports, so you may want to look at the Surety setting in those cases.

Virginia

Hello Virginia

Yes I have been doing this since you told me once before. I just rechecked the report V4 that had missing people and it was done. I cant find out how you change anything in the V6 report.

ie options.

post-23-1264045833_thumb.png

Click the Options button on the lower left of the Report Definition Screen, and you'll find the Sureties area on the General tab. The General tab is usually the default when you click on Options.

Virginia

Thank you so much Virginia. Dont know why i missed it. Love the screen shots. I just wish they were in the manual!!