Sign in to follow this  
iamken

Census

Does anyone know where one can obtain the proper T-xxx-xxxx numbers for say, a 1920 US census for

State of Washington, county of Spokane, Eugene Precinct, Spokane City, Enumeration District 266

I have found a chart for the 1930 but none for 1900, 10 and 20

I have googled it until I look like a google.

Help sure would let me progress in this huge undertaking.

Thanks

Kenny

Does anyone know where one can obtain the proper T-xxx-xxxx numbers for say, a 1920 US census for

State of Washington, county of Spokane, Eugene Precinct, Spokane City, Enumeration District 266

I have found a chart for the 1930 but none for 1900, 10 and 20

I have googled it until I look like a google.

Help sure would let me progress in this huge undertaking.

Thanks

Kenny

If you know the name of an individual in that district, you can search on either Ancestry or Heritage Quest and their result includes the National Archives numbers for that roll.

Joanne

Joanne

Of course I know the name I'm looking for and found thousands of them on another source which dried up on me so I switched to Ancestry.com which I find does not give the roll numbers, they just don't go all the way, at least I cannot find the em

Kenny

Glenn

That's exactly what I was looking for, at least the records have the ED 's on it and this source finishes the search out.

Thanks a bunch, saved my day

Kenny

... so I switched to Ancestry.com which I find does not give the roll numbers, they just don't go all the way, at least I cannot find the em

If you use the advanced image viewer on Ancestry the roll numbers are included in the pane at the right, on the "Source" tab. For most years it is also embedded in the URL at the top of your screen, for the page you go to directly from their index.

Glenn pointed to where he posted this answer elsewhere, but I repeat it here for those who might only look at this posting. Exactly what enumeration districts and locations are contained in each of the U.S. Census microfilms are listed by number on the U.S. government National Archives web site. The main index is http://www.archives.gov/genealogy/census/u...m-catalogs.html and then click on the appropriate year and find the desired state.