Robert Jacobs

Mouse or cursor problem

When I respond to a message -- or write a new one, as now -- the cursor does not show up in the message window and doesn't seem to be placeable by the mouse. Is it just me? Have I missed a setting of some kind. My browser is Firefox 3.6.

formerprof

I sometimes see a problem with the edit cursor where I can't click to the end of a line to place it. It appears on the next line and I have to move it with the vector keys.

I sometimes see a problem with the edit curson where I can't click to the end of a line to place it. It appears on the next line and I have to move it with the vector keys.

I think I'm having Jim's problem. To place the insert point below the quote I have to double-click & I still don't see a cursor (except for myself, of course -- or should that be curser?).

Not using Rich Text Editor in Firefox . . .

I do see that Office 2007 has added some kind of plug in. I'll try to disable that and report back.

formerprof

disabling the plug-in didn't help.

Thanks for the suggestions -- I may have to play with this for a while to see what the problem is. Next experiment is to try IE 8.

formerprof

I'm using IE8.

How awkward & embarassing. I just got home & IE8 works fine. Firefox 3.6 does not (at least for me. Apparently it works OK for Virginia.) I'll shoot a note to Mozilla and see if this can be figured out.

Thanks to you both.

formerprof

I had a similar problem last week when I tried to post in TMG 7. My cursor incorporated itself in the letter I was typing, I lost the left and right keys and the ability to insert, in fact it was like using a DOS editor, all I could do was type and use the back delete. To top it all, my question didn't get posted! I am using FF 3.6 and everything is behaving today.

I had a similar problem last week when I tried to post in TMG 7. My cursor incorporated itself in the letter I was typing, I lost the left and right keys and the ability to insert, in fact it was like using a DOS editor, all I could do was type and use the back delete. To top it all, my question didn't get posted! I am using FF 3.6 and everything is behaving today.

This is exactly the problem I am experiencing with Firefox 3.6. You've described it much better than I have. I reported it to Mozilla on the form they provide for websites that don't work properly, but I have no idea how much attention they pay to those reports. I've not been so fortunate as you -- everything is NOT behaving today.

All good wishes.

formerprof

I am trying to post a question on the TMG 7 and I again have no cursor, no editing controls etc as mentioned previously. Its fine here in this forum.

I have just gone back to try again and I have a cursor and full edit in the two heading boxes but not in the main box. There has to be something that doesn't like FF 3.6 on that panel. I shall now compose my question off line and post it.

John

Edited by JohnR

The problem may relate to the rich text editor. Try switching to Standard Editing mode. I have no problem using that.

My Controls > Options > Board settings. Right bottom of screen > Type of text editor to use when posting > use Standard Editor.

Virginia

The problem may relate to the rich text editor. Try switching to Standard Editing mode. I have no problem using that.

My Controls > Options > Board settings. Right bottom of screen > Type of text editor to use when posting > use Standard Editor.

Virginia

Thank you, that works - now I can return to asking loads of daft questions to which the answer should be RTFM

Virginia

Works for me too, Virginia. Thanks so much.

Robert

Are all of you using Vista or Win7 by chance? x64?

Virginia

No, on this computer I still run that old XP and I wish my laptop did as well! The problem here seemed to start when I down-loaded the beta version of Firefox 3.6 which is I think the current version of the release.

Are all of you using Vista or Win7 by chance? x64?

Virginia

Windows 7 64-bit for me, Virginia -- and Firefox 3.6. I didn't have this problem under Firefox 3.5.7 or IE8. I reported it to Mozilla, but have had no response.

Robert