baker13

Drag and drop exhibit files

I have tried dragging and dropping exhibit files, but only with a lot of frustration. If I add exhibit files one by one, everything works fine. If I only add 3-4 files at a time, everything works fine. If I add more than 3-4 files at a time using drag and drop, TMG locks up and has to be shut down (through task manager) and restarted. When restarted, the exhibit files are there.

Any ideas?

Debbie

Thanks, Jim. I figured that much out on my own. :) The problem is that I have hundreds of scanned photos that I would like to add.

Adding exhibits is really a one-by-one undertaking. You have to add each in the proper context and then edit the Properties to edit the Topic field and add information to the Caption field. There's no way around that.

Too bad. Maybe some changes could be incorporated into a future TMG version to add multiple exhibits simultaneously, like they did with adding multiple people in the upcoming V8.

I guess I better start carving out some more time to deal with the exhibits. Hopefully, I'll get them done before I die. :lol:

Thanks for your input.

Debbie

Too bad. Maybe some changes could be incorporated into a future TMG version to add multiple exhibits simultaneously, like they did with adding multiple people in the upcoming V8.

I guess I better start carving out some more time to deal with the exhibits. Hopefully, I'll get them done before I die. :lol:

Thanks for your input.

Debbie

Interestingly enough, I used to be able to select from Windows Explorer many images and drag them to the exhibits window with absolutely no problem -- that was pre version 7. Now I can only do as you describe - 1 at a time. What changed?