Sign in to follow this  
Lorna Henderson

Logging in with "remember me" set

I can't seem to get the Community Forum to remember me, kieeps telling me that the presumably saved password, shown as a row of dots on the welcome screen, is case sensitive, even though I've not changed it.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Or is this row of dots not updated when I've had to reset the password to get back in again?

Lorna

You're not doing anything wrong. That seems to be the way it works; if you log off you have to log back in. However, there is no real reason to log off and I never do. Even though you don't log off, the forum will remember when you are here and when you leave - and will welcome you back when you next return.

Virginia

I can't seem to get the Community Forum to remember me, kieeps telling me that the presumably saved password, shown as a row of dots on the welcome screen, is case sensitive, even though I've not changed it.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Or is this row of dots not updated when I've had to reset the password to get back in again?

Lorna

I think that the 'remembering' takes place on your own computer. It does this by allowing whollygenes to write an encrypted cookie to your hard drive. In your browser, click on Tools and then on Internet Options. Choose the Privacy tab. Do you have it set to accept cookies? A 'Medium' setting is probably sufficient.