Robert Jacobs

File creation: WG_port

After using TMG 7.04 I sometimes find a file of 0 bytes called WG_port in my default documents directory. I'd like to know what this file is for and what TMG operation causes its creation. Thanks!

formerprof

I suspect that is the dummy port that you created for the Amyuni PDF driver (the Wholly Genes PDF Writer v3 used by TMG7) and the operating system put that file in your Documents folder. Nothing directly to do with TMG.

I suspect that is the dummy port that you created for the Amyuni PDF driver (the Wholly Genes PDF Writer v3 used by TMG7) and the operating system put that file in your Documents folder. Nothing directly to do with TMG.

Of course - and to my shame I didn't recollect that I named it WG_port myself. Of course nothing useful showed up when I googled "WG_port." If I erase the file it remains erased until I write a .PDF from TMG.

Many thanks,

formerprof

PS -- I'm getting tired of "formerprof," but it's a bit hard to envision having to sign myself "Robert, formerly formerprof." :rolleyes:

Edited by formerprof

Of course - and to my shame I didn't recollect that I named it WG_port myself. Of course nothing useful showed up when I googled "WG_port." If I erase the file it remains erased until I write a .PDF from TMG.

Many thanks,

formerprof

PS -- I'm getting tired of "formerprof," but it's a bit hard to envision having to sign myself "Robert, formerly formerprof." :rolleyes:

How about...

Robert (formerprof)

;)

>>> How about...

Robert (formerprof) <<<

Dear AndyH3d,

A much better suggesion than mine -- but (as you see) I've already taken Jim's advice. Apparently it has to be arranged by a moderator, and Terry Riegel was kind enough to do it for me.

All good wishes.

Robert

Edited by Robert Jacobs