Sign in to follow this  
jpezz

Summary of Win7 X64 issues?

Can someone provide a summary of Windows 7 MG 7 compatibility and issues?

I see there is a PDF issue and a workaround (which worked for me)

There seems to be an issue with creating RTF and Doc files:

RTF Gets Error 14

DOC gets error 20

There seems to be a problem creating Winword as an external utility. This addition to app file works for Notepad but not Winword:

[ExternalUtilities]

Utilities2=Notepad,C:\Windows\System32\Notepad.exe

Utilities3=Microsoft Word,C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office10\WINWORD.exe

Anyone know of other issues so they can all be listed in one place?

There is considerable discussion of such issues on the forum.

Word processing output doesn't work (Word, RTF, Wordperfect, HTML) under 64-bit operating systems because that module contains 16-bit code. TMG8 will have a complete replacement of the report generator/word processing output part of the program.

Hadn't seen the Winword.exe issue before and have no ideas. I get the same problem and will look into that tomorrow.

Tested and the external utility / Winword link works fine under Win7 32-bit.

There is considerable discussion of such issues on the forum.

Word processing output doesn't work (Word, RTF, Wordperfect, HTML) under 64-bit operating systems because that module contains 16-bit code. TMG8 will have a complete replacement of the report generator/word processing output part of the program.

Hadn't seen the Winword.exe issue before and have no ideas. I get the same problem and will look into that tomorrow.

Tested and the external utility / Winword link works fine under Win7 32-bit.

I get the Winword/External Utility problem in Win7/64 also. Putting it in the #2 position doesn't help, BTW.

Robert

Edited by Robert Jacobs

btw... For those who don't know better in regard to External Utilities... I missed updating this sentence in the 'External Utilities' help topic and it should read:

"You can add utilities to the menu by editing the APP.INI file in the user program data folder (see Data File Storage) using Notepad or any text editor."