David-TMG User since 1990

Color Schemes in Visual Chartform Charts?

I was playing with the color options while I was creating several draft charts (Descendants, Ancestor, and Hourglass) I was having dificulity determining what color combinations would look best with one another when the generations changed, etc. Teh idea came to me that it would really be nice if TMG provided various color schemes to choose from (such as windows themes, etc.). I particularly would have liked to make a choice from a list such as earth tones, pastels, blues, etc. You get the idea. Has anyone ever mentioned this before? Does anyone know about any such color schemes? If so, I would really be interested in know more about them.

In the box chart report options > Boxes, there is a choice to color boxes by generations and a default scheme which may give you some ideas. You can also use screen accents to color a chart. There are dozens of threads on the forum with examples of custom colors and color schemes, including the thread here. The colors in that collection are designed as a base; you can lighten or darken the colors in the color lookup table.

To see all the messages in the forum, go to the bottom of the VCF main page and set the Topics dates to Show All.

Welcome to the forum!

Virginia

In the box chart report options > Boxes, there is a choice to color boxes by generations and a default scheme which may give you some ideas. You can also use screen accents to color a chart. There are dozens of threads on the forum with examples of custom colors and color schemes, including the thread here. The colors in that collection are designed as a base; you can lighten or darken the colors in the color lookup table.

To see all the messages in the forum, go to the bottom of the VCF main page and set the Topics dates to Show All.

Welcome to the forum!

Virginia

Thank you, Virginia. I'm sure this will help me. I sincerely appraicate it.

David