Sign in to follow this  
jarnspiger

Source Type display inconsistent

I created a Source Type called Federal Census (Online Image). The template has the following code for the Full Footnote.

[DOCUMENT], [COUNTY], [sTATE], < [RECORD TYPE]>, <[CD2]>, <[CD1]>; digital image, <[iTAL:][REPOSITORY][:ITAL] ([REPOSITORY ADDRESS]: accessed [CD3])>; NARA microfilm publication <[FILM]><, roll [ROLL]>.

In the individual record, I have used this Source Type for the following census records, 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. I have made sure to attach the repository which is Ancestry.com for all of the tags. When I check the preview of the Full Footnote in the source citation, everything looks correct, the Repository and the Repository Address (the url ) display properly. However, when I actually run an Individual Narrative report and then run the Endnotes report for it, the 1860 and 1880 census citations do not display the Repository or the Repository Address. The 1850 census and 1870 census citations display properly. I have removed and then reattached the Repository, I have recreated the source citation for the two not displaying properly. All to no avail. Can anyone give me a clue as to what is wrong?

One thing is wrong with your template. Conditionals must be around individual source elements. In other words, you can't have three source elements within one set of conditionals. So your template requires some revision.

I'm guessing that if there were no data for [CD3], that would take out everything within the conditionals (including the repository output).

The point of the conditionals is to omit whatever is within the conditionals when there is no data for a given source element. So each source element requires it's own set of conditionals.

Clean that up and see what happens.