EMTTT

Best Way to Report All Data

Personally, I don't know if I'd try to PRINT it out.

Here's why, let's use me as an example:

You are cleaning up my data and realize that you need to clean up an obituary tag where I am listed as still being alive. The obit is my grandfathers. If you have printed out his data, it is now going to change once you clean up my information. Instead I prefer to take one family group at a time, and clean it up. I personally use Second Site and print to a file a narrative for that family group using every tag type and all sources. Then I start with the first person and begin cleaning each person up. Once that family group is cleaned up, I can then put that information online, share with other family members, etc. I can also see where new research needs to be done, and take time to do that for a while as well.

By doing it in family groups, if I clean up one tag like I described for me, I am usually going to be cleaning it up for others within that same family group. Once I am done with the family group, that data won't need to be cleaned up again and again. Then I make sure that family groups sources read the way I want. Add in a little bit of new research to keep the process fun and fresh for you and then move to another family group.

I'd just make her project a separate project in TMG and clean it up in the same manner, and then I'd merge the two projects if I still wanted the data once it was cleaned up. If not, then I'd just hand type the information, using her as my new source.

I use the individual narrative report when I'm trying to proof my data. I don't actually print it though. I preview it on the computer. Make the necessary updates to my data and then generate another preview to ensure it reads correctly.

Sheila Altenbernd

If you use SS, basically each person has a narrative like Sheila is talking about. I just clean up one person's narrative and move to the next person. But yes, if you clean up a tag for me, you are cleaning it up for everyone attached to that tag. Same with sources.