alpalmer

Unrecognized phrase

I have suddenly begun to get an error when entering new people. When I use the "add a person" feature, all goes well until I try to finish it up. At the last stage, I get the error "Command contains unrecognized phrase/key word 31 FRMADDPERSON.MSAVE" and that annoying beep. If I press "ignore" five times, the program goes on and enters the person. The only thing different now, is that I recently deleted several people from the database and have about a dozen or more unused ID's. Would appreciate any thoughts.

You need to reset the Add Person template to default. After that you can customize it if you wish.

Add an Unrelated person of either sex.

Click [setup].

Click [Reset template].

Click [OK].

Click [Cancel] to exit Add Person.

Thanks Jim, but it didn't fix it. I noticed that it is erratically predictable. It rarely does it when I enter a son or daughter to a person. It always does it when I next enter a spouse for that son or daughter. Occasionally, it will not do it if I use an unused ID (F2) for a person. Other times it does. Peculiar.

You need to reset the Add Person template to default. After that you can customize it if you wish.

Add an Unrelated person of either sex.

Click [setup].

Click [Reset template].

Click [OK].

Click [Cancel] to exit Add Person.

The error very clearly points to the need to reset the Add Person template. I don't know what else to suggest.

You have run optimize / validate file integrity / optimize?

File / Maintenance

You tested the reset template with no customizations?

I did all of the maintenance tasks and that seems to have fixed it. Been a while since I did that and I should know better. Thanks for your time.

The error very clearly points to the need to reset the Add Person template. I don't know what else to suggest.

You have run optimize / validate file integrity / optimize?

File / Maintenance

You tested the reset template with no customizations?