bpyle

Windows 7 64 bit + printer

I'm just expressing an opinion. I'm furious now that I've installed Windows 7 64 bit and find that I have the same old printer problems when trying to print to a Word file. I was told that all would be well under Windows 7. Now I'm told that all will be well under TMG 8. Yes, I've seen the "pinned" topic on how to get the PDF printer to work and I'll download that message. But right now I just don't feel like doing through all that garbage!!!!!

I'm just expressing an opinion. I'm furious now that I've installed Windows 7 64 bit and find that I have the same old printer problems when trying to print to a Word file. I was told that all would be well under Windows 7.

No one should have told you that "all would be well under Windows 7" because the information is not correct.

The wordprocessor issue is that the output code won't work under 64-bit operating systems irrespective of which operating system is being run (WinXP, WinVista or Win7). Upgrading to Win7 x64 would not resolve that issue and I've seen no one who has said that it would.

The word processing output works fine under the 32-bit versions of WinXP, WinVista and Win7.

The report manager/word processing libraries have been completely updated for TMG v8 and do resolve the 64-bit operating system issue.

The wordprocessor issue is that the output code won't work under 64-bit operating systems irrespective of which operating system is being run (WinXP, WinVista or Win7). Upgrading to Win7 x64 would not resolve that issue and I've seen no one who has said that it would.

-------------------------

I was told that by a tech support person early last year when I was trying to resolve the problem under Vista. As I said, I was just expressing an opinion. It's water under the bridge. Tomorrow morning (when I'm in a better mood) I will attempt the fix. I got it to work under Vista and I'm hoping I can get it to work under Windows 7. In the meantime, I'll hope TMG8 comes out quickly. I will go through all the hassle because TMG is still the best program out there. I tried Legacy and hated it. But I'm still not a happy camper.

Maybe what Support was referring to is this.

Under Win7 x64 Professional or Ultimate, you can run XP Mode (WinXP SP3 in a virtual machine). If TMG7 is installed under XP Mode, word processing output works just fine because TMG is running under 32-bit WinXP.

See:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...windows-xp-mode

I'm in a much better mood tonight. I've followed Jim's directions and have sucessfully installed the TMG PDF printer and gotten it to work. I'm still sorry the problem exists since more of us have more powerful machines that require the 64-bit system. But so be it. I hope TMG8 comes soon. Thanks to Jim for posting those instructions.