Sign in to follow this  
Stuart Cunningham

Corrupted strings.dbf

I am using TMG v.7.04 UK edition on a computer running Windows 7. With the exception of an occasional glitch everything ran fine until yesterday when the computer froze while there were several boxes open related to a source I was editing. Because everything froze I had to power down the PC and re-start it. When I tried to get back into TMG I was able to get into a project other than the one I had been working on when the computer froze but not the that project. Several different attempts using slightly different approaches all resulted in the same (or similar) message to the effect that the project could not be opened as it was already in use. After the last time I tried to get into the project and it froze, on re-entry into TMG after re-starting the computer the first message was something to effect that the structure was missing. When I proceeded I got the message "Table C:\Program Data\The Master Genealogist v7\strings.dbf has become corrupted. The table will need to be repaired before using again." Checking any of the options resulted in the program closing.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.