Sign in to follow this  
R L McIlvain

Data sets

If the two Data Sets are in the same Project, it's easy. Use the Edit > Move Person or Add > Copy Person command.

If they are in different Projects it is more complex. Some choices:

1. Merge the two Projects, which will place the two Data Sets in the same Project, and you can Copy or Move as above.

2. Use the Secondary Output of the List of People report to copy the person(s) to a new Project. Then Merge that with the other Project and Copy or Move the Person.

3. Open a second copy of TMG, with one of the two Projects open in each. Then manually use Copy and Paste to transfer individual names, dates, etc., from one project to the other.

Which of these will be easier depends on how much detail you have on the person(s) involved, among other factors. For more on copying people, see my article on Copy and Moving People. For more on Merging Projects see my article on Merging Projects and Data Sets.

I highly recommend reviewing Terry's Tips about copying and moving people between dataset which is posted at: http://tmg.reigelridge.com/copy-move.htm It is easy to do, but read his comments about some concerns to be sure that everything you want is actually copied.