When using the F2 key to search for previous entries such as city, county, state, etc I get no response. I am using TMG7 in Windows Ver7 in a MacPro laptop.

Is this the first time you have tried this on this laptop? If so, try Fn-F2. Some laptops have their BIOS set to reserve the function keys for their own special laptop functions and require holding down the special "Function key" (usually labeled 'Fn') to access "normal" function key functions. If this is your issue, most laptop BIOS has an option for setting whether the "normal" functions require the special Function key, or the laptop functions.

Is this the first time you have tried this on this laptop? If so, try Fn-F2. Some laptops have their BIOS set to reserve the function keys for their own special laptop functions and require holding down the special "Function key" (usually labeled 'Fn') to access "normal" function key functions. If this is your issue, most laptop BIOS has an option for setting whether the "normal" functions require the special Function key, or the laptop functions.

We had tried the Fn-F2 and got a window that didn't appear to be the direction to go, so we stopped at that point. Tried it again today and clicked Yes in that window and it did take us to the location we were looking for. Thanks for the response to my question.

Charles

You can change the default use of the function keys under Windows from the special keys back to the normal function keys. With Boot Camp, for example, there is a setting in the Boot Camp control panel. How you make the change depends on how you are running Windows on the Mac.

On my MacBook Pro (early model 1,1) OS X 10.6.3 - Parallels 5 build 5.0.9344 - Windows 7 Pro

In Mac System Preferences - Keyboard - Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard functions keys.

The setting change can be made on the fly without restarting TMG - Windows - the Virtual Machine or the MacBook.

Edited by ggilbert1