tmomeyer

Posting to the Forum

Hi,

Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble posting to this forum? If I try to "quote" a message, the entire "message" appears and I can't "snip" or shorten it to the portion relevant to my response. So... then try to copy / paste just a portion and can't do that either. OK, gave up on that. Then, in a new message or a response, I type a few lines and want to go back and edit and can't click in to a specific location in the message... oops... there's actually no cursor to move around and I can't go back and edit... am I missing some way in using this forum hosted at the wholly genes website? Messages in a topic are not easy to follow... only in the sense that it takes a lot of time/energy to follow posts to the wholly genes forum as opposed to the rootsweb listserv. Is it possible to change out the format of this wholly genes discussion board to something easier to follow and respond to?

thanks,

Tom

Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble posting to this forum? If I try to "quote" a message, the entire "message" appears and I can't "snip" or shorten it to the portion relevant to my response. So... then try to copy / paste just a portion and can't do that either.

Re quotes, as I wrote this message I made a short video (no sound) here demonstrating one way to quote a portion of a message.

Re no cursor: Go to My Controls at the top of the main Forum screen. On the left side: Options / Board Settings / Posting Settings / Type of text editor to use when posting. Select Standard Editor.

When you are reading a message, at the top right is an Options button (see in video). I use the Display Modes 'Standard'. You can experiment with the other display modes to see which one is most easy for you to follow.

Let me know if using the Standard Editor helps with the cursor. It has for some people.

Virginia