Sign in to follow this  
efcharvet

Windows 7 - No Helvetica

I recently bought a new computer with Windows 7 Home Office and loaded TMG. When I generated my first reports, e.g. Descendancy Narrative, they were filled with the error code <FHELVSS75> all through them.

I know this is a font issue, checked my list of available fonts, and noticed that Helvetica is now omitted from Windows 7. Of course, this is no big deal - it is easy to change the fonts for any TMG report.

-- I am simply passing this (obvious) information along to developers to ask them to consider choosing a font other than Helvetica - which is no longer in the basic font set for Windows 7 - as the font pre-selected for reports in the next version of TMG. This should make new users, who are not savvy about TMG, happier with the first reports they generate.

Regards, Earl

(No response necessary.)

Edited by efcharvet

When I generate a Descendancy Narrative report, the report is filled with the error codes: <FHELVSS75>.

However, under Options.... > Fonts, I have selected only Myriad Pro as my font of choice for all settings.

What is going on?

Thanks,

Earl

You are missing a font which should have been installed by the TMG installer. Please refresh the installation by reinstalling to the same program folder over the top of the existing installation using the same settings.

The default report font in v7.04 is Arial. The issue has nothing to do with the default or selected report font.

Earl,

You don't have to reinstall. Just reset the report definition. To do that, open the report definition for the report in question, and at the top, click Delete. You will get a notice that you can't delete a standard report definition, do you want to reset it to the defaults. Click Yes.

I have this same problem and have reset the report to default as per Terry's instructions. This didn't work so I re-installed TMG. This didn't work either. I'm not sure what happened to Helvetica fonts on my computer. I also can't understand why TMG reports should be trying to bring up a Helvetica font if the default is Arial.

I also have an added issue in that just following the <FHELVSS75> there are three uppercase "A's" (AAA) with various accent marks above them. If I output the Descendant Indented Chart to a text file, the various "A's" disappear and vertical separation lines, dashes and other symbols appear in their place, as expected. However, the <FA line TMG> remains in the text file output.