Sign in to follow this  
iamken

Rootsmagic IV

Hi all

I have a possible distant cousin that uses Rootsmagic IV and he sent me his backup which is an .rmgb file, TMG asks for a .sqz to import from Rootsmagic, woops TMG says it will import from Roots IV, is this the same as Rootsmagic?

Any idea how I can import his stuff with the exception of Gedcom?

Thanks

Kenny

You can only import data from RootsMagic 4 by way of a GEDCOM. When the GEDCOM is exported from RM, the option 'Extra details (RM specific)' should be unselected.

You can only import data from RootsMagic 4 by way of a GEDCOM. When the GEDCOM is exported from RM, the option 'Extra details (RM specific)' should be unselected.

Thanks Jim

We will give it a try

Kenny

Sadly, none of the major genealogy programs want us to move data around... if we did, it would be too easy to jump ship to a competitor. I bet the export and re-import of the GEDCOM is less than stellar.

Roots IV is a *very* old program- not the same as Rootsmagic at all.

Hi all

I have a possible distant cousin that uses Rootsmagic IV and he sent me his backup which is an .rmgb file, TMG asks for a .sqz to import from Rootsmagic, woops TMG says it will import from Roots IV, is this the same as Rootsmagic?

Any idea how I can import his stuff with the exception of Gedcom?

Thanks

Kenny