Sign in to follow this  
Bob Bennett

Major Exhibit Problems

Attempt to open an image for an event:

OLE exception code error: Exception Code c0000005. OLE object may be corrupt. 35 IMAGEVIEWER.RCIMAGEFILE_ASSIGN

Attempted to right click for Properties:

OLE exception code error: Exception Code c0000005. OLE object may be corrupt. 136 ATTR.MIREFRESH

When getting this error can click <ignore> three times to close error box and open Description. Will then get error: Microsoft Visual FoxPro has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Usually have to CAD to close program.

Attempted to open Exhibits by clicking on Icon in Toolbar:

Fatal Error: Exception Code+ c0000005 @ 2010.06.20 11:41:15 AM. Error log file: I:\Program Files|The Master Genealogist v7\VFP9Reer.log. Called from-tmgmain line 556 {I:\Program Files\The Master Genealogist v7\tmg\programs\tmgmain.prg i:program files\the master genealogist v7\tmg7.exe}

Ran VFI - No problems reported.

Using TMG Gold Edition v7.04000

Using Windows XP Professional Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

Memory 3 GB

Problem occurs with no other program open. Currently have over 500 exhibits.

About to remove TMG and download a clean copy. But, will this actually solve problem? What are these errors and can they be fixed or are they likely to re-occur?

Bob,

I would assume that you know which file this exhibit is attached to? If so, have you tried either deleting or changing the file name? After doing that, try to open the exhibit again and see if you get a different result. At that point maybe I can help some more.

Also, have you reported this to Tech Support yet? They may have some additional ideas

Dave O

The errors are Visual FoxPro errors and suggest that a control that VFP depends on is missing or corrupt or has some version conflict.

The first step would be to do a clean install and reinstall (uninstall and include all dependent files, delete the program folder, reinstall).

Also... Where is your exhibit foilder(s) located?

If you have been using this installation for some time and this just happened, some other program might have been run or installed that changed something critical to VFP. For example, if you ran a 'performance optimizer', please revert to a restore point before that was run and don't run such programs.

Delete all files in the slideshow folder and see what happens.

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\The Master Genealogist v7\Slideshow