Sign in to follow this  
rcarlton

TMG 7.04-Backup problem

While backing up my files I get the following error:

Input file read error - This error occurs when a file read operation is performed on a ZIP file that is locked or restricted by another process.

Next error screen says:

Errors occurred during backup.

Output file write failure, possible disk full

I have 205 GB of free space on my C drive. (228 GB on E, 225 GB on F and 926 GB on G)

I am using Backup All (projects and customizations), using all of the defaults.

Ron

Ron,

I have now got a backup to work - I use PC Tools Internet Security - if you use the same program try disabling Intelliguard then try the backup again as doing this worked for me.

... Graeme

Hi Forum,

Using TMG 7.04 on Win 7 - 64bit desktop machine and I am unable to do a backup to my hard drive.

I get the Input file Read Failure Error.

I have temporarily disabled Norton Firewall as that "type" of remedy seemed to work for a previous poster. No joy here, however.

I think I have done prior backups without this roadblock, but I am not entirely sure it was on this new machine. I have plenty of back ups from my other machines. I have made some minor data entry updates this summer on this machine and wanted to do a back up before I pack up and move to my winter home.

I am a loyal lurker on TMG-L and will check over there too. Would appreciate help of others who have bumped into this issue recently.

Doug

Dear Forum,

I apologize for my previous post. I have been able to make the backup as required. Turns out that the Preferences had an erroneous path shown for my Back-ups (likely the default). I had quickly installed TMG on this new machine and just started using it. It showed /Administrator/Documents/ etc in lieu of my /Username/ for that entry. Changing the /Username/ to match the structure on this computer enabled the back up to proceed and correctly deposit the .sqz file where it is supposed to be. Appears to have been my first backup on this machine as when I checked for the backups the Backup file was empty.

Thank you for being here as a resource.

Doug