kstanbary

filekicker identified as malicious site

I am experiencing hanging while using TMG 7. Believing I may have a corrupt file, my strategy was to download the trial version and re-install. However, when I attempted this, google sent me notice of "attack site" as follows for filekicker. Please advise.

"What is the current listing status for filekicker.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 128 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-07-09, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-07-09.

Malicious software includes 6 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 2 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including filekicker.net/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS8182 (DIGITALRIVER).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, filekicker.com appeared to function as an intermediary for the infection of 5 site(s) including ptf.com/, downloads-portal.com/, qwerks.com/.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message."

Yes. FileKicker is a service used by many outfits to distribute files to users. It seems one of them managed to use it to distribute something that Google found objectionable.